Science of Coaching, Minor - Teaching
Teaching (Code 971-403)
|Twenty-four semester credits, including:|
|KINS 275||Prevention and Care of Athletic/Exercise Injuries||3|
|KINS 292||Management and Coaching Theory||2|
|KINS 294||Anatomical Kinesiology||3|
|KINS 304||Biomechanical Kinesiology||3|
|KINS 308||Exercise Physiology||3|
|KINS 492||Coaching Practicum and Seminar||4|
|Six credits from the following:||6|
|Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity|
|Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity|
|Essentials of Strength and Conditioning|
|No additional demonstration of content area proficiency is required|
This minor leads to K-12 coaching licensure.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students completing this program will be expected to meet the following outcomes:
- Develop and implement an athlete-centered coaching philosophy.
- Identify physical conditions that predispose athletes to injuries.
- Teach and encourage proper nutrition for optimal physical and mental performance and overall good health.
- Provide athletes with responsibility and leadership opportunities as they mature.
- Teach and incorporate mental skills to enhance performance and reduce sports anxiety.
- Use scouting methods for planning practices, game preparation, and game analysis.
- Be involved in public relation activities for the sport program.
- Utilize an objective and effective process for evaluation of self and staff.