Associate of Arts and Sciences
The Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree certifies a student as having satisfactorily completed one-half of the number of credits required for a baccalaureate degree program and meeting certain curricular requirements. To earn the Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree the student must:
- Earn a minimum of 60 semester credits; 40 of these credits must apply to the Liberal Education Core.
- Earn at least 30 semester credits, including the last 15, at UW-Eau Claire or at UW-Eau Claire—Barron County.
- Earn a resident and total GPA of at least 2.00.
- Count toward the degree no more than six credits earned on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis.
- Complete the Liberal Education Core Knowledge Outcome Requirements.
- Complete the University Writing Requirement. Complete a second Written and Oral Communication Experience.
- Complete the University Mathematics Requirement.
- Complete the Design for Diversity Requirement.
- Complete a Global Perspectives or Civic and Environmental Issues Experience.
- Complete the Service-Learning Requirement.
- Declare one's intention to graduate with the Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree by contacting the UW-Eau Claire Degree Review office.