Associate of Arts and Sciences
The Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree certifies a student as having satisfactorily completed one-half of the number of credits required for a baccalaureate degree program and meeting certain curricular requirements.
To earn the Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree the student must:
1. Earn a minimum of 60 semester credits; 40 of these credits must apply to the Liberal Education Core.
2. Earn at least 30 semester credits, including the last 15, at UW-Eau Claire or at UW-Eau Claire—Barron County.
3. Earn a resident and total GPA of at least 2.00.
4. Count toward the degree no more than six credits earned on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis.
5. Complete the Liberal Education Core Knowledge 1, 2, and 3 Outcome Requirements.
6. Complete one Knowledge 4: Fine Arts Experience or one Skills 3: Creativity Experience.
7. Complete the University Writing Requirement. Complete a second Written and Oral Communication Experience.
8. Complete the University Mathematics Requirement.
9. Complete the Design for Diversity Requirement.
10. Complete one Global Perspectives Experience or one Civic and Environmental Issues Experience.
11. Complete the Service-Learning Requirement.
12. Declare one's intention to graduate with the Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree by contacting the UW-Eau Claire Degree Review office.