Theatre Arts, Certificate
|Thirteen credits required:|
|THEA 121||Introduction to Technical Theatre||3|
|THEA 130||Acting I||3|
|One credit from:||1|
|Scenic Construction Crew|
|Light/Sound Board Operator|
|Special Effects/Sound Facilitator|
|Stage Manager/Assistant Director/Assistant Choreographer|
|Assistant Scenic Design/Assistant Technical Direction|
|Assistant Lighting Design|
|Assistant Costume Design/Shop Supervisor|
Note: Courses cannot be counted in both the major and certificate program.
Program Learning Options
Students completing this program will be expected to meet the following learning outcomes:
- Understand theatre’s diverse genres, styles, and forms within their cultural, theoretical, and historical contexts.
- Demonstrate competency as an actor, director, technician, and/or stage manager in a realized production.
- Demonstrate competency in all stage crafts.
- Explain, critique, and evaluate one’s own creative work and the creative work of others.
- Demonstrate competency in the principles of design.