Dance Activities, Certificate
The Dance Activities Certificate Program is open to any student with a passion for dance and looking to gain knowledge of common forms of dance, including ballet, tap, jazz, and modern. This program focuses on studio dance experiences that will prepare graduates for a variety of careers in dance and performing arts.
|Thirteen credits minimum, including:|
|DNCE 101||Dance Appreciation||3|
|Physical Practice courses (8 credits) selected from:||8|
|Modern Dance I|
|Jazz Dance I|
|Tap Dance I|
|Modern Dance II|
|Jazz Dance II|
|Tap Dance II|
|One course elective (minimum two credits):||2|
|Introduction to Technical Theatre|
|Global Traditions in Music|
|Music in the United States|
Any DNCE prefix course
Note: Courses cannot be counted in both the major and the certificate program.
Program Learning Options
Students completing this program will be expected to meet the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding dance as a creative art form within its cultural, historical, and theoretical context.
- Increase movement ability, musicality, and accuracy through practice of the basic elements of dance: space time and energy.
- Demonstrate basic dance technique in more than one genre of dance.
- Create original work, perform original work, or interpret work of others.
- Develop a vocabulary for discussing dance history, dance performances, and choreograph.